Saturday, September 15, 2007

How does half a tube of Mentos falling 5-storeys feel on your head?

I'd actually like to know the answer, but I'm not about to ask the poor girl I dropped it on. I accidentally dropped it on.

I was at SIM's 5th level, overlooking the activities at the Atrium on level 2. We, meaning Hans Graham and me, musicians audiophiles or otherwise just people who are fussy with sound, were extremely irritated by the atrocious sound coming from the Atrium. Those idiots KNOW the severe limitations of that sort of acoustic build (effectively a huge square-based rectangle). They KNOW that the echo would, and I really have no other word for this, fuck up the audio so damn badly, and yet they still crank the volume up so high. For goodness' sake la your main audience is on that floor. You could do with lowering the volume. Down to 3/4 level AT THE VERY LEAST.

So I was gesturing to Graham how they had two mixers on opposite ends of the stage (for fuck?). And well, as usual, I waved my half-flimsy tube of Mentos around, and it slipped out of my hand.

My problem is that I don't react fast enough. In a fight that may be another case, since I'm prepared. I'm happy to say that I have not been thus tested as yet. But when I'm not prepared, I do the worst possible thing.

Freeze in shock.

Graham and I could only stare in mute horror as the half-tube pirouetted downwards. Smack onto the girl who was standing dead below the tube's freefall. Needless to say, we backed off from the parapet immediately upon impact. Who the hell would accidentally drop something, see it hit someone's head, and continue looking over the parapet, grinning and waving and mouthing "I'M SORRY :D"?

Later Graham said, "Luckily you didn't call out to her. She would have looked up and had the Mentos land on her face."

Which made me laugh so hard I nearly keeled over on my knees. It's very bad, but that doesn't really make it any less funnier.

If the girl whom I unintentionally assaulted today is reading this, I'm sooo sooo sorry. It was an accident, and I will be careful never to stick droppable things over the parapet in the future.

No comments: